Sunday 12 May 2013

Grind Brew 10-Cup Best Offer





On sale now for Grind and Brew Thermal 10-Cup Coffeemaker in Brushed Chrome is now alive. This cool product is now on the market, you might buy it right now for just $149.99 and often delivered in 24 hours.

Item Information



DGB-650BC The Grind & Brew Thermal Coffeemaker grinds your favorite beans just before brewing. A double-wall, insulated, brushed metal, thermal carafe keeps up to 10 cups of coffee hot for hours. The elegant European design creates the perfect look for today's gourmet kitchen. Features: -Elegant Italian styling. -Automatically grinds whole beans before brewing. -24-hour fully programmable. -10 (5 oz.) cup double-wall insulated thermal carafe. -Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup before brewing has finished. -Automatically shuts off when brewing is complete. -Grind-off feature. -1 to 4-cup feature. -Cord storage. -Charcoal water filter (removes impurities). -Gold tone commercial-style permanent filter and measuring scoop. -Paper basket filter starter kit. -Instruction book. -Limited 3-year warranty.



Features


  • Automatically grinds beans
  • Insulated thermal carafe
  • Brew pause
  • Dimensions - 12 x 9-4/5 x 17-1/2

Reviews


Makes a fantastic cup of fresh ground coffee
Richard Yates

Before I tell you about this fantastic kitchen appliance, let me tell you what led me to purchase it.Back in December, our coffee grinder, our second one in two years, starting making noise like it was going to die. The thing only cost $20 at the local K-mart, but I got to thinking, "Is there a coffee maker you can load with a bag of beans, which is also loaded with water, and which you can press one button to make one cup of coffee at a time?Well, my search on the internet led me to all kinds of coffee makers which allowed for the one serving at a time, but which required you to buy the pre-measured bags/cups/ (whatever you called the pre-measured stuff)from the company which makes the machine. Meaning, you can only by that coffee maker's brand of coffee, which by the way, is not in bean form, but ground form.So, I started looking at these machines with built in grinders.What I found is there is not a machine - not at least yet - where you can fill the machine with a bag of beans and then have the machine measure the amount of beans needed to be ground for one cup of coffee.So, I moved on to what is out there. And here is the machine I selected, and boy, am I glad I chose this machine as it makes the best coffee my wife and I have ever had.Here's how this thing works:I just wanted two of the giant sized cups of coffee. So, the first thing I did was:1. Take the handy measuring spoon which comes with the machine and measure in 8 spoonsful of beans to the grinder in the machine.2. I then filled the water reservoir to a little over the 4 cups line on the side. Those cup gradations on the machine are for regular cups of 8 ounces, and my bigger coffee cup holds 18 ounces).3. I cleaned the gold plated wire basket which holds the coffee after it is ground by tossing the majority of the old grounds into the compost container on the kitchen counter, washed it under the spicket, and put it back into the machine. I prefer this gold plated screen to using paper coffee filters bought a store. Better taste, less waste, less $$$ spent per cup. (And don't worry, the gold plated screen comes with the machine.)4. Then I hit the 2-4 cups button on the face of the machine. This button gives a finer grind for smaller amounts of coffee, and my wife and I experimented for a week to find the perfect blend for us using the 2-4 cups and came up with 8 spoonsful of beans for over a little more than 4 cups of water.5. Lastly, we hit the "On" button.After doing all this, the machine first kicks into the grinding mode. This grinder, housed inside this brushed aluminum (for the most part) coffee maker makes less noise than the tinier coffee grinders we once used before making coffee in our old Mr. Coffee machine.When the grinding stops, the heater for the water begins to kick in.Now here's the beauty of this machine:That coffee pot is not your regular coffee pot, nor is the plate it sits on an overheated plate which will turn your coffee in your pot to sludge after ten minutes.Nope, the coffee decanter is the best kept secret of this machine. It is double lined, like those expensive thermos type decanters in hotel banquets, and you can leave this sucker with say 10 cups on the holding plate for 2 hours, come back, pour another cup, and the coffee comes out as delicious as the first cup and almost just as hot, so hot, that you won't need to nuke it in the microwave.Lastly, cleaning this machine's outside is a breeze. The metal face and sides, the plastic top, all clean with a damp rag to where it looks brand new after every use.So, we've been using this machine for 3 months now. We have no problems with it. And the coffee is so good I quit drinking coffee with sugar and cream.Getcha one, smile, and maybe you'll learn more than we did. We still don't use the timer function as we have such crazy hours. But for a single person or couple who works dayshifts (I don't, my wife does), you could pre-load this thing at night, wake up to fresh coffee brewing every morning.I love this machine and I'll never use another, unless, of course, Cuisinart comes up with machine of my dreams which will take a whole bag of beans, pre-measure them for the cups you dial in, and self-cleans...For now, I am happy to keep using this machine til I die.Hope this has been of some help for you thinking about purchasing a heavy duty coffee grinder/coffee maker...p.s. Maybe once a week or every two weeks, we take out the grinder's bottom half and wash it out. It is made of heavy duty plastic (this part) and washes nicely under a spicket or with your sink's shower hose. It is not a drawback. It's part of making a perfect cup of coffee...p.p.s. You can make ten cups of coffee which will be drunk over two or three hours, and like I said earlier, the last cup will be just as good as your first. The decanter can't be seen though to judge how much coffee is remaining, but you can always take the top off and look inside to discover whether you need to make more.

Good Coffee but a Couple of Serious Issues
G. Little

The good news - it makes pretty good coffee. There are two major issues however. First, the coffee bean bin is not large enough to hold beans to make more than 8 cups of coffee. Second, the design is poor and steam comes up and gums up the grinds that don't make it to the filter. Each time you use it you must disassemble it and clean it completely. Oh, and after about 6 months the top of the carafe becomes very hard to take off.

My second Cuisinart grind and brew coffeemaker!
Nancy Gibbons

I had to replace an older model grind and brew Cuisinart that I had for at least 8 years. It made great coffee but I have to agree with a lot of the criticism about it being a pain to clean. It finally died and I went ahead and purchased another because it does make a great cup of coffee and I think 8 years is a pretty decent lifespan for a coffeemaker. I have to say that I am very happy with the latest model. The redesign of this addresses a lot of the issues I had with the original one. The drawer that houses the filter just swings out and is much easier to keep clean. The spout on the carafe has been changed that makes it pour much better with out coffee dripping everywhere. If you decide to go with this machine, just know it does take a little extra effort to clean all of the parts but in my opinion the quality of coffee that it brews is worth the minimal effort. I am happy that I decided to stick with the Cuisinart.


Tags: Brew Thermal 10-Cup, Grind Brew 10-Cup, Grind Brew Thermal, Grind Thermal 10-Cup