Wednesday 17 April 2013

BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer, Black





Best deal for BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer, Black is now alive. This awesome BUNN Velocity Brew is now on the market, you might buy it right now for only $169.95 and often delivered in a day.

Item Info



Nothing brews like a Bunn! Using coffee brewing technology perfected in over 40 years of service to the restaurant industry, Bunn has built the perfect home brewing system. Bunn's unique reservoir-style unit brews up to 10 cups (50-oz) of coffee in just 3 minutes --- and keeps hot water available for tea or other uses, as you need it. This U.S.A.-assembled unit features the Classic Bunn thermal carafe home brewer design, is constructed of commercially-rated materials with stainless steel accents and comes complete with an internal stainless steel water tank and a stainless steel vacuum insulated carafe. A 3-year limited warranty helps ensure satisfaction.



Strong Feat


  • Reservoir-style home brewer makes up to 10 cups of coffee in just 3 minutes
  • Stainless-steel water tank; 800-watt heater and internal thermostat
  • Sprayhead design improves coffee-flavor extraction; hot water available for tea
  • Stainless-steel vacuum-insulated carafe; close-and-brew lid; vacation switch
  • Measures 14 by 7 by 15-2/7 inches; 3-year limited warranty

Customer Opinions


How to make the carafe stop leaking
mtmcs

I bought this brewer in October. At first I was very happy with it. Then the carafe started leaking so bad it was ridiculous. I called Bunn a couple of days ago and the lady told me to wash the spout and the seal around the rim with Dawn dishwashing soap (she specifically said Dawn which I happened to have on hand) and the carafe would perform much better. She said that after a number of uses the oil from the coffee keeps the seal from sealing well. I hung up fully expecting to call her back in a few minutes. I washed the carafe as she suggested and it works like new again... no leaks!! If you have this pot, try it, you'll be amazed at the difference. Now I love this brewer again!

Very Nice Coffeemaker
William M. Gibson

****Update 10-5-11****Unit has died (heating element apparently went out). Now out of warranty since it has been 4 years. On the one had I hate to spend $135+ to get a new one, but on the other hand, once you've had one of these things, it's hard to go back to the traditional coffeemaker. It did make great coffee for 4 years, and I loved having my coffee ready in just a minute or two. Despite the fact that I would have liked to get more than 4 years out of my original purchase, I will probably buy another one.****Update 2-27-09****My coffee maker developed a leak. I dusted off my original paperwork, and was very happy to see that this unit comes with a 3 year warranty. I sent it back to Bunn, and they sent me a brand new unit. Painless and relatively quick (less than a week). Yet another reason to buy a Bunn. The only thing I would mention is that I had to pay to have the old unit shipped back to them. Cost me $13 UPS, so it's not really that big a deal, but I just have this old fashioned notion that if something is covered by warranty, it shouldn't cost the consumer a penny to get it fixed or replaced.****Original Review****I don't see why anyone would buy a traditional glass carafe coffeemaker. The heating element scorches the coffee after about 15-20 minutes, so if you haven't finished the pot by then, you end throwing the rest away. At least I used to, until I discovered thermal carafes years ago.I really like this coffeemaker. I am a big coffee drinker, and I usually make 1 pot in the morning, 1 pot in the afternoon, and 1 pot at night. The quality of the coffee that it brews is excellent, and I like the fact that the coffee is ready in 3 minutes.A few other observations:-I have not had any problem with the carafe. No spills or dribbles, and it keeps the coffee piping hot for a good 90 minutes, and then drinkably hot for another 2 hours. I especially like the fact that you don't need to open and close the lid to pour the coffee. The lids stays in the closed position while the coffee is brewing and it stays in the closed position when you pour it from the carafe.-I have not had any problem with the basket overflowing or grinds in my coffee, but I have noticed that the grinds rise up to the tippy top of the filter, and I use Bunn filters which are a little taller than most. Although I have not had a problem myself, I can see where someone who likes an extra strong brew and adds a little more coffee might have an issue. For me it works, and I use about 10 tablespoons of coffee per full pot.-I don't particularly like the automatic feature that starts the brewing cycle as soon as you close the lid to the water chamber. I would prefer to have a button to press, but its not a huge deal for me. Like another reviewer, I can see potential disaster if I have company or overnight guests and they want to make the coffee, and I haven't briefed them on how the machine works.-Price is high when compared to the Mr. Coffee type machines with glass carafes, but I really do notice a difference in the taste of the coffee when I visit friends and they break out their $30 coffee maker after dinner. I think the price is a fair price for what you get, and although I haven't had it long enough to comment on its durability, Bunn typically makes products that stand up over time.-The entire machine does have a rather large footprint, and it is bit taller than many coffeemakers. I have alot of counter space and my cabinets are high, so its not an issue for me, but do yourself a favor and take 30 seconds to measure the space where you intend to put the machine to make sure it will fit nicely.Overall, if you're into good coffee, and you're willing to spend the money, and you're willing to overlook a few very minor flaws (see above) I would highly recommend this machine.

A good cup of coffee...
Matt

We purchased this to replace an aging Mr. Coffee. The Mr. Coffee was programmable, which was nice when I remembered, but when I didn't it could take nearly 20 minutes to brew a pot. That is a long wait in the morning. We considered this or the Braun programmable, which appeared to be rated well, but I couldn't determine how long it took to brew. I knew I wanted speed.I got speed. This thing is fast. By two and a half minutes its down to waiting on the last drips to come out of the basket. The coffee's flavor is excellent, but a little weaker than I like. I upped the amount of coffee to the recommended tbsp per cup (which would yield very bitter coffee on other machines I've had) and its back to where I like it. A darker roasted coffee would also add a lot of strength. I enjoy the fact that the coffee doesn't sit on a burner and cook too. The carafe has done a great job of keeping the coffee hot for hours at a time. I've had no real trouble about the carafe dripping.. this may be because the Mr. Coffee trained me to go slower to avoid such drips.Another point: I checked and the Bunn filters ARE taller than my others. The coffee grinds do get pretty high on the filter, so I can imagine that getting off-brand filters would get you grinds in your coffee. Just buy the Bunn filters at your local megamart. They're not that expensive. Also, decaf and/or finely ground coffee does sometimes overflow the filter anyway. The manual mentions this and offers a free replacement sprayhead to improve this. We don't drink a huge amount of decaf, so I don't think we'll ask for it.I've tried some premium coffees again, and am happy to report that they are worth it now. A good coffeemaker does make a difference in the quality of the coffee.Pros: Very fast. Coffee tastes very good. No burning the coffee on the carafe warmer. Keeps the coffee hot. Did I mention fast?Cons: Coffee seems a tad weak. Very finely ground coffee, and decaf, sometimes overflow the filter a bit. I wish it had a button to press to brew instead of closing the top.. I foresee a big mess if company is up before me (It starts pouring coffee out the basket as soon as you close the lid, you HAVE to have the carafe in place).Would I have been happy with the Braun? Probably. But I bet its not as fast, and after years of inadequate coffeemakers, I'm happy to have one this quick, and making coffee this good.


Tags: BUNN Velocity Brew, BUNN BT Velocity